Back To Home
How To Resist Corona
Doctor Hesselink's Opinion
Many people ask what I recommend to increase resistance
to the recent pandemic of corona virus, also known as CoViD-19.
- I dare not and do not give out general advice due to
possible adverse legal consequences against myself.
- Nevertheless, I can safely report what I would do for myself,
and what I might recommend for some of my patients.
- Exceptions would apply to anyone with unique health problems.
- Please consult your physician for individual recommendations.
- The following nutrients support optimal immune function
against most infections:
- Vitamin D3, also known as "cholecalciferol", 5000 units daily
(If taken long term get the blood level checked and adjust the dosage accordingly.)
- Vitamin A, such as retinyl palmitate, 25000 units daily
- Zinc, 50 mg (elemental dosage) daily
(Zinc absorbs better with protein or with natural ionophores
such as picolinate 100mg, or L-carnosine 500mg.)
- Vitamin C, 500 mg, 2 times daily if symptom free.
- After being out in public, especially after being around a known covid
patient or perhaps someone reporting a positive covid test result, you may
wish to cleanse your nasal cavities of the virus. This is easy to accomplish
by flushing with a povidone-iodine 1% solution. It is available as 10% and
must be diluted 10 fold with purified water before application. This will
destroy the viral particles on contact and often prevents infection.
- If symptoms of respiratory infection occur:
- Continue the immune supportive nutrients as described above.
- Drink plenty fluids.
- To treat body aches and fever various nonsteroidal-antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDS)
may be used such as: aspirin, ibuprofen or naproxen. If the stomach is sensitive,
stomach safer NSAIDS such as: etodolac, celecoxib or miloxicam may be substituted.
Curcuminoids with oil (as extracted from turmeric) are also antiinflammatory and stomach safe.
- Take bromelain, 500mg, 2 or 3 times daily
on an empty stomach with clear liquids.
- Raise the vitamin C dosage to 500mg, as 2 pills = 1 gram, 4 times daily.
Back the dosage down slightly if loose stools occur.
- Raise the zinc dosage to 50 mg, twice daily.
- If prescribed, add another ionophore such as hydroxychloroquine (HCQ),
200mg, 2 times daily, at the same time as the zinc.
If HCQ is unavailable, substitute Picolinate 100mg, 2 times or L-Carnosine 500mg,
2 times daily, also at the same time as the zinc.
- Take "quercetin phytosome", 250 mg, 2 times daily. (Note: plain quercetin
dissolves and absorbs poorly. So this is of little benefit. The phytosome
product is modified with lecithin to make this 20x more bioavailable.)
- Take famotidine 20mg, 1 pill, 2 times daily
- Take L-lysine, 500mg, 2 pills, 2 or 3 times daily.
Decrease L-arginine rich foods in the diet temporarily:
nuts, chocolate, orange juice, pumpkin, sesame seeds, wheat germ
Increase L-lysine rich foods in the diet temporarily:
eggs, tofu, fish, yogurt, cheese, pork, poultry, beef
- If prescribed, add the antiviral agent acyclovir, 400mg 2 times daily.
- If prescribed, add ivermectin 12 to 40 mg daily,
depending on body size.
- If prescribed, add spironolactone 100mg, 1 or 2 times daily.
Reduce if serum potassium levels get too high.
- Temporarily stop all androgen treatments such as: testosterone,
DHEA, male enhancement herbs, clomiphene and aromatase inhibitors.
- Once improvement occurs the above antiviral interventions may be reduced.
- If oxygen saturation falls below 90%,
this patient should go to a good hospital for oxygen,
injectable corticosteroids (such as dexamethasone) or budesonide by nebulizer
and blood thinners (such as heparin or lovenox)
- If remdesivir is offered, monitor the ALT, AST, BUN and creatinine
to be sure there is no adverse effect on the liver or kidneys.
- For an ever expanding list of treatment options click the following:
America's Frontline Doctors, Treatment Options
- Do not sniff nor spray zinc solutions into the nose.
These are toxic to the nerves of the olfactory system.
This has been found often to cause acute pain in the nose
and permanent loss of the sense of smell.
Click Here For Important Recent Research And References And Other Ideas
Back To Home